Read the latest COVID-19 developments affecting PFC’s philanthropic community.
How can Canadian philanthropy respond to COVID-19? With input from the charitable and nonprofit sectors, we’ve outlined 5 guiding principles to assist foundations in supporting their grantees through this time. We invite foundations across the country to adapt these to their context and join us in their implementation so that the organizations we fund can carry on their important work in our communities throughout and after the crisis.
PFC is rapidly re-orienting its resources to support its members’ response to the COVID-19 emergency. A key function for us is to share curated information about how you can assist and what actions your peers are taking. Subscribe to our weekly COVID-19 digest by clicking here.
- Week of June 12th
- Week of June 5th
- Week of May 29th
- Week of May 22nd
- Week of May 15th
- Week of May 8th
- Week of May 1st
- Week of April 24th
- Week of April 17th
- Week of April 10th
- Week of April 3rd
- Week of March 27th
- Week of March 20th
PFC is amplifying the voices of sector leaders responding to COVID-19. In the spirit of offering alternative means of capacity building, we have launched #WebinarWednesday, a weekly resource that brings together sector leaders on topics that impact the work that we do and how Canadian philanthropy can do better. Register to upcoming webinars by clicking here.
- COVID-19, Montréal-Nord Et La Riposte De La Philanthropie Québécoise
- COVID-19, Indigenous Perspectives & Solutions
- COVID-19, Data and Learning
- COVID-19, Impact Investment
- COVID-19, the Global Response and Canadian Philanthropy
- COVID-19, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- COVID-19 and Philanthropy’s Response: Check-in One Month Later
- COVID-19, Cybersecurity & Working from Home #WFH
- COVID-19 and Program Related Impact Investments
- COVID-19 and Working with Non-Qualified Donees
- COVID-19 and Philanthropy’s Response
PFC is building COVID-19 resources that paint up-to-date portraits of the Canadian philanthropic landscape. This Learning Series will be touching upon a variety of topics and include resource lists updated once a month in order to access the most recent resources available.
- Tool 1: Social Inequalities & Foundations’ Response
- Tool 2: Learning And Evaluation In A Time Of Crisis
Philanthropy in Canada is undergoing a major shift in response to the pandemic and many funders have adapted to this crisis and adjusted their support to grantees. To capture this response, we are collecting data to produce an interactive mapping tool that will provide a snapshot of activities and funding gaps and which will enable collaboration between funders. We invite all members of the Canadian philanthropic and grantmaking communities to complete/update a 10-minute survey on how your organization has adapted its activities and funding to respond to COVID-19.
In other PFC news…