Registration is now open. Thank you for your interest! Please join us on October 16-17, 2019 in Calgary for our Symposium.
Non-members should refer to our Eligibility Guidelines before proceeding with registration. For questions on eligibility, please contact Ines Chaalala.
Members of Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian Environmental Grantmakers Network (CEGN) are eligible to register at PFC members rate. Please indicate your membership when you register at these rates.
Click below for more information on the Eligibility criteria and on the policies for refunds/cancellations or substitutions.
All requests to cancel conference registrations must be received by September 21, 2019 and are subject to a $55 service fee. No requests for refunds will be granted after that date or for no shows. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to Luc Pinsonneault.
Refund fees are scheduled as follows:
- Cancellation before September 21– full refund minus a $55 service fee
- Cancellation on or after September 21, or for no shows – no refund available
Substitutions are allowed at any time, but only one substitution is permitted per registration, in accordance with PFC’s eligibility policy. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for ensuring that all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that registration and substitution are met and that contact information for the new registrant is updated with PFC’s registration team. Requests for substitutions must be submitted in writing by email to Luc Pinsonneault.
Who is eligible to attend?
PFC conferences are open to PFC members; all staff and trustees of grantmaking institutions; donor-advised funds; staff of philanthropy-supporting infrastructure groups; affinity groups; and staff of academic institutions and programs focused primarily on the study of philanthropy and the practice of grantmaking.
CFC and CEGN Members: Members of Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian Environmental Grantmakers Network (CEGN) are eligible to register at PFC member rates. Please indicate your membership when you register at these PFC rates.
The PFC Symposium is intended for grantmakers. PFC conferences are not intended to be an opportunity for solicitation of any kind and are not open to grantseekers, unless invited to speak at the conference. Consultants or advisors are not eligible to attend unless they are invited to speak or are registered to represent a current client foundation.
Note: PFC requires all eligible consultants to submit a letter from the client foundation confirming their affiliation, and consultants should be registered as part of or by the client foundation. The consultant’s name badge will reflect their affiliation with the client foundation and cannot be changed.
If you are not a PFC member, please consult the guidelines below to confirm your eligibility to attend before you complete the registration form.
- Non-PFC members should refer to the eligibility guidelines below. For any inquiries on eligibility please contact Ines Chaalala. PFC reserves the right to review all registrations.
- All participants must pre-register. On-site registration will not be available.
PRIVATE AND PUBLIC FOUNDATIONS AND CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS (NON-PFC MEMBERS)
Staff and/or Board members are eligible to attend if the organization meets the following criteria:
- If you are a foundation or charitable organization, the foundation/organization must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency. Kindly provide the charitable registration number when writing to us.
- At least 50% of the total annual income is for direct grants to unrelated and multiple individuals or organizations
Corporate grantmakers are eligible to attend if:
- At least 50% of the corporation’s charitable budget is for direct grants to multiple individuals/organizations.
- Representatives of financial institutions may attend but must be sponsored by and registered under the name of an independent foundation. A letter, indicating the name and contact information of the sponsoring foundation must accompany the registration form.
CONSULTANTS, PHILANTHROPIC ADVISORS AND LEGAL COUNSEL
- Philanthropic advisors may attend but must be sponsored by and registered under the name of an independent foundation. Registration form must be accompanied by a letter indicating the name and contact information of the sponsoring grantmaking foundation and that the registrant is an active advisor to the foundation.
- Government officials (federal, provincial, municipal) with major responsibilities for grantmaking may attend. A brief statement explaining the nature and extent of the grantmaking activities must accompany the registration form.
- Donor-Advised Funds representatives who have significant grant-making responsibilities may attend the conference. They must attach a letter to their registration form explaining the nature and scope of their grantmaking activities.
Academic researchers are eligible to attend if their body of work relates to the practice of philanthropy, grantmaking in particular.
Group rates available to PFC Members ONLY. Five (5) registrations from same foundation: fifth (5th) registration free OR Ten (10) registrations from same foundation: fifth (5th) and tenth (10th) registrations free Please contact Luc Pinsonneault by email firstname.lastname@example.org to get instructions for group registration.