What we do
We bring grantmakers together, give them a voice, inspire them to action and create greater awareness of their impact on local and global communities.
Announcing PFC’s New Strategic Plan for 2021-2024 which focuses on three key themes: Amplifying impact, Advancing the public good and Building capacity.
Amplify impact and enhance
effectiveness of philanthropic
- Increase social license for and build awareness of private philanthropy in contributing to the public good
- Strengthen thought leadership activities
- Facilitate sharing of and build the capacity of members for increased effectiveness in grant-making, programming, investing and administration
- Deliver fee-based tailored advisory services to foundations and philanthropists
Strengthen opportunities for collaboration
among foundations and with other sectors
to advance the public good.
- Improve regulation and policy environment for charities, not for profits and for charitable giving working with Imagine and others
- Expand attendance at and net contribution from biennial conference
- Seize and create opportunities for members to collaborate in experimenting, prototyping, pooling program or other resources
Build internal capacity
to live up to our
values and purpose.
Diversify and grow revenues
- Increase revenue in real terms from 2020 baseline
- Grow membership
Reinvent digital ecosystem
- Create web infrastructure with capabilities to build communities and to cogenerate content
- Create digital and data management tools to enable a social enterprise
Increase research capacity
- Strengthen evaluation, benchmarking, survey design capabilities
Increase diversity, equity and inclusion
- Diversify voices involved in PFC governance
- Deepen internal DEI expertise
Develop capacity to measure strategic performance
- Measure constituent satisfaction over time at periodic intervals
- Measure public support of private philanthropy over time at periodic intervals