What we do
We bring grantmakers together, give them a voice, inspire them to action and create greater awareness of their impact on local and global communities.
Announcing PFC’s New Strategic Plan for 2021-2024 which focuses on three key themes: Amplifying impact, Advancing the public good and Building capacity.
Amplify impact and enhance
effectiveness of philanthropic
- Seize and create opportunities for members to collaborate in experimenting, prototyping, pooling program or other resources
- Strengthen thought leadership activities
- Facilitate sharing of and build the capacity of members for increased effectiveness in grant-making, programming, investing and administration
- Deliver fee-based tailored advisory services to foundations and philanthropists
Strengthen opportunities for collaboration
among foundations and with other sectors
to advance the public good.
- Improve regulation and policy environment for charities, not for profits and for charitable giving working with Imagine and others
- Expand attendance at and net contribution from biennial conference
- Seize and create opportunities for members to collaborate in experimenting, prototyping, pooling
Build internal capacity
to live up to our
values and purpose.
Diversify and grow revenues
- Increase revenue in real terms from 2020 baseline
- Grow membership
Reinvent digital ecosystem
- Create web infrastructure with capabilities to build communities and to cogenerate content
- Create digital and data management tools to enable a social enterprise
Increase research capacity
- Strengthen evaluation, benchmarking, survey design capabilities
Increase diversity, equity and inclusion
- Diversify voices involved in PFC governance
- Deepen internal DEI expertise
Develop capacity to measure strategic performance
- Measure constituent satisfaction over time at periodic intervals
- Measure public support of private philanthropy over time at periodic intervals