Apply for Membership
Once you have verified your eligibility, you may submit an application form.
The fully completed application form and other required documents should be sent to the Philanthropic Foundations Canada (PFC) office. Membership applications are reviewed promptly by a committee of the PFC Board. Decisions are communicated to applicants by PFC staff.
Additional information required by type of foundation/organization
The following additional information must be included with the application to PFC:
- Letter signed by appropriate officer, providing a brief description of your giving program, and a confirmation that you adhere to our non-solicitation policy (see page How to Join)
- A current list of directors and primary contact information
- Copy of application and contribution forms duly completed and signed
- Copy of PFC Statement of Values and Ethical Principles signed
For organizations not registered with CRA, also include:
- Copy of latest financial statements
- List of grants and contributions paid during the most recent fiscal year
- Annual report, if available
Your Membership Contribution
Philanthropic Foundations Canada operations are funded in large part by our members through their annual membership contributions calculated according to the size (assets or grants) of each member. PFC is a registered charity and a qualified donee. You can therefore include your member contribution to PFC in your annual disbursement quota.