Evaluation 101 – The Basics
April 23, 2014
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET
Featuring Sheherazade Hirji, philanthropic consultant
- Who: This session is for foundation staff and trustees
- Time: 10:00am Pacific; 11:00am Mountain; 12:00pm Central; 1:00pm Eastern; 2:00pm Atlantic; 2:30pm Newfoundland
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Questions? Contact Sarah Pinchevsky, Program Officer
Please join us for a webinar with Sheherazade Hirji, an experienced evaluator and philanthropic consultant who will explore key questions to think about in beginning an evaluation of a grant.
Please note that for NON-MEMBERS only, there is a cost of $50 to participate.
- How do you identify the most relevant framework for evaluating your funding initiative, depending on whether it is single or multi-objective, alone or in partnership, short term or long term, etc?
- Where should you look for the evaluator with the skills to help you conduct the most effective evaluation?
- What parameters do you need to consider with regard to costs, time frames, and engagement of you or your board/staff?
This webinar will be part one of a three part series focused on progressively more advanced aspects of assessing impact.
Sheherazade has worked in the philanthropic sector for the past 20 years as both staff and consultant. Her previous work experiences include the Ontario Trillium Foundation where she held a variety of positions, including Acting CEO, Vice-President of Grants, and Director of Learning and Evaluation. She has also served as Executive Director of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation.
In 2004, Sheherazade turned to consulting full-time. Hirji + White Consulting focused on promoting excellence in philanthropy by working with private and public foundations, corporations and government funding agencies, supporting them in developing strategic focus in philanthropy and strengthening their capacity to evaluate and learn from their grant-making.
Most recently, Sheherazade served as Vice President, Client Services, Tides Canada.