Charitable Foundation Governance:
Red Flags and Green Lights
February 17, 2015 | 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET
- Who: This session is for foundation staff and trustees
- Time: 1:00 pm Eastern Time
- Duration: 90 minutes
Do you feel you need a road map to the sometimes perplexing world of charitable foundation governance? What are the red flags you need to watch out for and where do you have a green light? Join us for a webinar on the legal dos and don’ts of foundation governance, where you will have a chance to explore questions such as:
- Is it OK to hire Cousin Jane to run the foundation for us?
- Can we make a grant to the favourite charity of Aunt Susan?
- Do we have to do an independent audit of our financials every year?
- Should we be paying a market rate to rent space in our family office?
- And more!
Resources for this webinar are available here.
The webinar will be based on the revised Guide to Good Governance released by PFC in December 2014. Hilary Pearson, President of PFC and a co-author of the Guide will answer these questions and many more that you want to pose.
Please note that for NON-MEMBERS only, there is a cost of $50 to participate.