Programs and Services
Learn more about PFC’s work in the following focus areas:
Education & Learning
- PFC provides educational opportunities on grantmaking practice through its national conferences, webinars and workshops.
- PFC’s website is a virtual space that facilitates learning and peer exchange through the sharing of knowledge, tools and skills.
- PFC informs the general public about important issues in Canadian philanthropy.
- The member area on the PFC website offers templates and tools, as well as research on trends and practices.
- PFC produces advisory reports to inform members of tax and legal changes affecting registered charities.
- Through PFC’s publications, including monthly e-Newsletters, members stay up to date on issues and trends in philanthropy nationally and internationally.
- As a part of an international network of grantmaker associations, PFC alerts Canadian foundations to what is happening in global philanthropy.
Connection & Collaboration
- PFC members belong to a national network of grantmakers, exploring and sharing ideas and strategies.
- Members participate in regional and national gatherings, finding opportunities for collaboration.
- Through virtual platforms such as webinars, PFC members stay connected to their peers across the country.
Research & Knowledge
- PFC conducts member surveys to provide benchmark data and sector specific resources related to topics such as investment and spending policies as well as compensation practices.
- PFC, in collaboration with colleague organizations, produces research on the foundation sector in Canada.
- PFC offers guidance to members on issues related to foundation management and tax policies.
Representation & Advocacy
- PFC is a voice for our members on legislative, regulatory and other issues that affect the philanthropic sector.
- PFC collaborates with sector organizations on public policy issues such as tax incentives for giving, transparency of reporting and charity regulation.