Who is eligible to attend?
PFC conferences are open to current PFC members; all staff and trustees of grantmaking institutions; donor-advised funds; staff of philanthropy-supporting infrastructure groups, such as affinity groups; and staff of academic institutions and programs focused primarily on the study of philanthropy and the practice of grantmaking.
The PFC Conference is intended for grantmakers. PFC conferences are not intended to be an opportunity for solicitation of any kind and are not open to grantseekers, unless invited to speak at the symposium. Consultants or advisors are not eligible to attend unless they are invited to speak or are registered to represent a current client foundation.
Note: PFC requires all eligible consultants to submit a letter from the client foundation confirming their affiliation, and consultants should be registered as part of or by the client foundation. The consultant’s name badge will reflect their affiliation with the client foundation and cannot be changed.
If you are not a PFC member, please consult the guidelines below to confirm your eligibility to attend before you complete the registration form. Eligibility will be verified by PFC staff.
- PFC will determine the final eligibility of participants. Non-PFC members should refer to the eligibility guidelines below. For any inquiries on eligibility please contact by email at Liza Goulet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All participants must pre-register. On-site registration will not be available.
- All PFC members (individual staff, Board members and trustees) are eligible to attend.
Staff and/or Board members are eligible to attend if the organization meets the following criteria:
- If you are a foundation or charitable organization, the foundation/organization must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- At least 50% of the total annual income is for direct grants to unrelated and multiple individuals or organizations
- If your foundation/organization meets these criteria, your registration form should be accompanied by a letter signed by an officer of the foundation/organization indicating that it does so (and including the charitable registration number).
Corporate grantmakers are eligible to attend if:
- At least 50% of the corporation’s charitable budget is for direct grants to multiple individuals/organizations.
- If your corporation meets this guideline, your registration form should be accompanied by a letter signed by an officer of the organization indicating that you do so, and describing the goals of the grantmaking program (please attach annual report if appropriate).
Representatives of financial institutions may attend but must be sponsored by and registered under the name of an independent foundation. A letter, indicating the name and contact information of the sponsoring foundation must accompany the registration form.
Philanthropic advisors may attend but must be sponsored by and registered under the name of an independent foundation. Registration form must be accompanied by a letter indicating the name and contact information of the sponsoring grantmaking foundation and that the registrant is an active advisor to the foundation.
Government officials (federal, provincial, municipal) with major responsibilities for grantmaking may attend. A letter explaining the nature and extent of the grantmaking activities must accompany the registration form.
The conference is not intended to be an opportunity for solicitation of any kind, including solicitation for business, fund development or grants. Therefore, participants are asked to adhere to our policy of non-solicitation of conference attendees.